Thursday, August 12, 2010

Treasure Trove Thursday- Asahel Wright

Well last night I had a tremendous breakthrough.  A transcription of a bible record is on usgenweb.org that links the Washington Wright I knew of as my ancestor to his parents, Asahel Wright and Temperance Jones.  It also lists dates and siblings.  After that i then found a transcription out of a history book that tells Asahel's parents and where he lived through out his life.  If all that wasn't enough- I found an online tree that someone submitted with that family and traced back to 1610 to a Benjamin Wright born in England!!  Of course I will have to document everything- find all the sources for myself, but it is so exciting to find all that!!!!  It's what i have been working towards for the past 7 years and I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!  I am so excited!  I can't wait to write to the Tioga County Pennsylvania Historical Society and get copies of the ORIGINAL bible pages!!!! :-)

1 comment:

  1. I'm trying get more info on Asahel Wright and Temperance Jones. Particularly a tie with their son William to Cairo, NY in Greene County. I would like to clear up some conflicting info.

    William W. WRIGHT, M. D., is a native of Cairo, Greene county, N.Y., and was born March 31st 1830. His parents, Asahel and Temperance Wright, formerly from Connecticut, had eight children. Dr. W. married Alice Hammond. He was a practicing physician in Elkland.

    ReplyDelete