Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Advent Calendar of Memories, Day 6: Santa Claus

This is my first picture with Santa.  I have a few more through the years.  I'm not sure when my belief faded, but Santa was always in our lives.  My step dad was one of Santa's helpers.  Yes Santa does need help.  We were taught the Spirit of sharing and caring through watching my step dad help Santa with countless families who didn't have enough for their families.  Sometimes they knew us, and sometimes they didn't.  Seeing the tears from strangers when they realize their family will have a decent Christmas was all I needed to have a great holiday.  It's that way for me now.  It is something I will never forget and I will pass on.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute picture and such a sweet story. I hope my daughter grows up with such a spirit of giving as your family did.

    ReplyDelete